Nettex Itch Stop Salve / Summer Freedom repels midges with up to one
application per week. Soothes, sanitises and assists hair and skin
Nettex Itch Stop Salve / Summer Freedom is an advanced salve which
helps repel and protect against insects and biting flies. This patented
formulation is used successfully in over 20 countries worldwide every
- Preventative strategies are the key to itch control.
- Use early in the year before the season starts with a once weekly
- Soothes, sanitises and disinfects existing sores helping to break the
itch, scratch and rub cycle.
- Repels against new bites and supports hair regrowth.
- Weather resistant, simple to apply and will not matt the horse’s hair.
- 600ml tub can last for up to 6 to 8 weeks.
- Can be applied around sensitive areas such as eyes, ears, sheath and
Made in the UK.
Directions for use
- Apply directly to any area that has been affected or prone to attack
using a clean sponge, ensuring sensitive areas are not missed e.g.
around eyes, nose, muzzle and dock avoiding mucous membranes.
- In most cases one application a week is sufficient. In severe cases if
the itch, rub, scratch cycle has started it may need to be applied
- For best results prewash with Nettex Everyday Shampoo before applying
to remove any grease, dirt or debris and sanitise the skin.
- Repeat application after heavy rainfall, bathing or heavy sweating. Do
not use under saddlery areas or fly rugs as may cause irritation from
- For maximum results apply as early as February to prevent midge
attacks taking hold. The mane, tail and rump areas are most prone to
Key ingredients: NN- Diethyl-M-Tolumide 2.45%, Margosa extract 2.0%,
Eucalyptus citriodora, hydrated, cyclized 0.64%
- For best results, prewash with Nettex Everyday Shampoo to thoroughly
cleanse the area before application then every 10 -14 days to remove
build-up of dirt and debris.
- Nettex Itch Stop Salve / Summer Freedom is the ideal addition to your
midge avoidance strategy. Not only does it have soothing and repellent
properties it also acts as a barrier that midges aren’t able to bite
- Preventative strategies are the key to itch control. For best results
start your itch control strategy as early as February to prevent midge
attacks taking hold.